Epoxy is an industrial chemical compound to create a silky floor format. This thermoset plastic material is produced to make the floor plane. If you wish to build a floor sustainable and durable, then this is the greatest option.
Epoxy flooring is also popular as a resinous floor. It can have a depth of at least 2 mm, if the depth is less than 2 mm, it is called epoxy coating.
So, if you are looking for the types, and processes of epoxy, then you are in the right place. Keep on reading this article, you will get everything that you want.
Types Of Epoxy
Here are the four types of epoxy. For those who are looking for epoxy flooring for homes, you can get ideas in the below section. So, scroll down.
1. Epoxy Mortar Floor
This is contained with 100% solid epoxies. Plus, this mixture has quartz sand. This epoxy is used for those floors which require high resistance against huge loads. You can use this for repairing the floor like repairing the cracks and holes.
Warehouses, mechanical spaces, restaurants, garages, commercial kitchens, and manufacturing plants are some of the ideal places to use epoxy mortar floors.
Self-Leveling Epoxy Floor
Well, this type of epoxy floor is used to repair old, cracked, damaged concrete floors. You can easily use this epoxy on the floor surface. This type of epoxy enhances the quality of the floor.
Quartz-Filled Epoxy Floor
This epoxy is contained in quartz powder. It is dry and has a high performance epoxy floor. If you need a slip-resistant and sanitary floor, this epoxy is the solid option. You can take this for these purposes.
Epoxy Flake Floor
It has a vibrant look floor. It gives a silky finish color to the floor. This type of epoxy enhances the texture. On this note, you can get a variety of colors, sizes, and styles.
Use this in your living room and floor garden place.
Step By Step Process Of Epoxy Installation
Here are the full steps that can lead you to build an epoxy floor. So, let’s learn the practical process of Epoxy installation.
- The first step should be to clear the floor. Prepare the floor surface and remove all those things that are placed on the floor.
- The floor surface needs to be prepared to adopt a new cost of epoxy coating.
- You may see that the floor has some dust particles known as foreign materials that should be removed from the surface.
- The next step is important before applying epoxy on the floor. shot blasting, grinding, and scarifying for better bonding with the floor and epoxy color.
- Identify all the major cracks then repair and patch them. It is essential to get durable epoxy flooring.
- Now, you can apply the primer coat and fill all the visible holes and cracks present on the floor.
- Now, the floor might be sanded, grounded, and re-layered.
- Apply water on the floor to test if the floor is ready for the epoxy coat. If the water is not soaked in then apply epoxy on the floor.
- For the final stage, you can apply epoxy multiple times on the floor.
- Now, you need to leave the floor dry. At the required temperature, leave the floor dry.
- Initially, the curing process begins when it reacts with another curing agent.
Advantages Of Epoxy Floor
It has many advantages while compared to other traditional flooring options. The advantage is mentioned below:
- Interior brightness will increase as epoxy gives a shiny look with a high-gloss surface.
- Epoxy is a durable and long lasting flooring process. So, it can build a hard surface that can load heavy material.
- It does not require any special tool, it is easy to apply on the floor.
- According to experts and epoxy consumers, it is contained with excellent chemical resistance. That is why an epoxy floor is ideal for a warehouse and industrial house.
- It can protect the existing concrete layer from tears and water.
- You can easily clean the floor.
- Epoxy floors are more durable.
- “Epoxy contains anti-slip additives” which increase safety.
- You can hide cracks and chips by using epoxy with a combination of colors and paints.
- Last but not the least, epoxy can enhance the aesthetic appearance of the floor.
- No maintenance is required for the epoxy floor.
So, these are all about epoxy floors and their types. Now, you are able to make your floor shiny, silky, and slip-resistant. You can also epoxy on the floor of the garage or parking area. Now, let us know which type of epoxy floor you will choose and what is the purpose.
If you have any doubt regarding any step when you apply epoxy on the floor, you can leave a comment in the below section. We will reconnect with you.
Blogger Juliana Bryant is really dedicated. She enjoys blogging about his views, experiences, and thoughts with other people. Juliana Bryant is connected to the World Health Life, Worthy To Share, Simplyaw Zone, World News Inn, News Stoner, Voice Of Action, Exclusive Rights, Lower My Legal Fees, Istana Green world.